Shahid Mirza was born in 1957 in Lahore. He graduated from the National College of Arts, Lahore with a degree in advertising design in 1981. Since the late eighties he has been a full time painter. He has had very few exhibitions despite his prolific and long painting career. In 2001 he set up Lahore Chitrkar, an art centre for painting and classical music run and managed by artists and musicians. In 2003 he travelled on invitation with other artists from Lahore Chitrkar to East Punjab and Delhi. His one day exhibition at the Rock Garden in Chandigarh was the first ever exhibition of a Pakistani artist in East Punjab. Presently he conducts a drawing and painting class and occasionally writes art reviews.
1. Shows of drawings and paintings
a. Wood-cut prints show with Iqbal Rasheed at Shakir Ali Museum, 1996.
b. The CPI (M) head-office, Delhi organised by Anhad. 2003
c. Lahore Chitrkar Gallery; 2001, 2004, 2006 & 2009
d. Zahoor-ul-Akhlaq Gallery at the NCA, 2011.
2. Conducted on-going drawing & painting classes at Lahore Chitrkar 2001-2010.
3. Teaching visual communication at the Lahore School of Economics since 2011 to date.
4. 100+ recordings of contemporary classical music. Traditional rendering of Heer Ranjha by Waris Shah; 30 CD set ; 30 hours long recordings consisting of complete text.
5. Set designer for numerous plays & events
a. The New Alliance Party, New York
b. Ajoka and others, Lahore
c. Dukhini first joint Pakistan-Bangladesh production after 1971, performed in both countries. 2007
Find us on